Monday, July 03, 2017

1000 Postcards for Peace -- #1 Speak Peace

I just (re)mailed* my first postcard for peace to a dear friend.

This card was a fun one for me to make.  My sweet Sweet Sixteen named Hazel hadn't been feeling very well and she just got a check-up from Dr. Nick.  I threaded her with some 100 weight polyester InvisiFil after her check-up and she stitched like the true champion that she is!


I stitched flowers in various thread colors and then echoed around them.  Then I stitched feathers along the bottom of the piece and swirls along the top:


I trimmed it to a postcard size (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") and you can see the subtle nose and beautiful flowers where the mouth should be:


On the back, I wrote the inscription from the Children's Peace Monument in Hiroshima:


When the news in the world gets distressing, my fingers itch to stitch.  I'll show more postcards soon
_____
*When addressing a card, it is useful to include the street address and not just write

"Name"
"Town, State Zip Code"

If you do so, the post office may return that card to you with a note encouraging you to try again.

...Or so I've been told.

No comments: