Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Quilters are the Best People EVER!

Last week was a rough week for me.  I had another infusion and my second (last) treatment in each series is always hard on me.  I prepared for it as best I could by packing a snuggly quilt and my shiny disco ball.  I slept through about 5 hours of the treatment and then my husband drove me home when it was finally over.

Once home, I was treated to love from many quilters who probably didn't even know how much I needed it that day!

Hanging on my doorknob was a package of Ninja fabrics from my one of my local quilting buddies:


I deal with inflammation in the cartilage between my ribs and refer to the pain as "ninja pain."  I wrote about my ninja pain HERE.  Joliene knows about this and thought I needed to make a ninja quilt.  She's absolutely right!  Stay tuned to see what happens to these fabrics.

My husband brought in the mail whilst I was sleeping in my hammock.  This box of chocolate love was well-timed, indeed:


The Hello Kitty wrappers just added more love to the entire thing, didn't they?  Lucy is cool like that!

I checked my email once I hit the WIDE AWAKE!!! part of my infusion recovery and found this beautifully kind note about one of my Craftsy classes (50% off coupon for my Craftsy classes HERE*):

I watched 2 of your classes yesterday on the All-You_Can_Watch_For-Free day: Stunning Free-Motion Machine Quilting Using Simple Shapes, and You Can Quilt It! Strategies for Custom Quilting...and I left glowing reviews! I LOVE the idea that I can create my own grid stencils. As I wrote in my review,"For anyone who struggles with FMQ, the grid approach simplifies the process. Debbie breaks FMQ down by using grids so that you can quilt a complicated design in small portions and have consistent end results." THANK YOU!!!

This, folks, is why I spend a third of my time on the road teaching quilters how to love machine quilting.

I don't know what I did to deserve such love, and all on the same day, but I'm very grateful to you all.  Quilters are the best people, aren't they just?

Other than lingering nausea that should be gone in a few days, I'm right as rain and back on the road today.  I'm excited for two things:

1.  I get to meet with quilters in Maine and New Hampshire this week
2.  I don't have to have another infusion until January!

My goal for this week is to be as generous as kind with people as people are with me.  That's a tall order, but I'll do my best!
_________
*Coupon Details: Get 50% off the full retail price of select Craftsy classes taught by Debby Brown - Instructor. Cannot be combined with any other coupons. Expires December 8, 2017.

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Debby, you are in my thoughts and prayers every day! I think back to "I knew her when..." and enjoy the memories.
Take care and take it easy on your trip. We need to get together sometime soon.
XXOO

LanaQuilts.com said...

You are simply amazing! That's all I can say. You exude goodness and love. Best wishes to you always!!